5 things to know for today: Looming rate hike
The Bank of Canada is set to announce another surge in interest, First Nations investigators uncover ‘genocide evidence’ and Toronto police charge four teenagers after a massive attack. Here’s what you need to know to start your day.
1. A final rate hike? : The Bank of Canada is expected to announce another interest rate hike on Wednesday, and economists are hoping it will be the last for some time.
2. ‘Evidence of genocide’: An organization investigating unmarked graves near a boarding school in eastern Alberta says it has uncovered “material and documented evidence of genocide”.
3. Swarm Attack: Four 13-year-old boys have been charged in connection with a “swarming” attack on a Toronto bus.
4. Big resignation? : At the end of 2021, we asked Canadians to share their stories of how they changed jobs during the COVID-19 pandemic. CTVNews.ca caught up with some of these people to see where they are now and ask if the decision they made was the right one.
5. Oscars: A select group of Canadians are in the running for Oscar glory, including Toronto’s Sarah Polley who is vying for Best Picture and Best Adapted Screenplay with her drama ‘Women Talking’.
One more thing…
Far : Researchers from Montreal and India have detected a radio signal coming from a galaxy nearly nine billion light-years away
Image of the radio signal from the galaxy SDSSJ0826+5630. (Arnab Chakraborty & Nirupam Roy/NCRA-TIFR/GMRT)
ctvnews Canada news
If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – at email@example.com The content will be deleted within 24 hours.