Ultimate magazine theme for WordPress.

California gunman found dead in van after killing 10 in Chinese New Year shooting

0

A suspected shooter who killed 10 people in a Chinese New Year shooting in California was fatally shot in his van as officers closed in.

Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna said the man was found dead in the vehicle he used to flee the scene of a second shooting attempt.

The suspected shooter has been identified as 72-year-old Huu Can Tran.

Sheriff Luna said no other suspects are still at large.

Follow here for live updates

Earlier Sunday, police surrounded the van with tactical vehicles and bomb trucks.

Sherriff Luna said previous filming at Star Ballroom Dance Studio in Monterey Park was gone five women and five men dead and injured 10 other people.

Then 20 to 30 minutes later, a man with a gun entered the Lai Lai ballroom near the Alhambra.

Authorities believe the two events are related but have not provided details on a motive.

Read more:
A day in America is more likely to see a mass shooting than not
How do US gun laws work?
Listen: America’s complicated relationship with guns

The suspect entered the Alhambra club with a gun and people snatched the gun from him before fleeing, Mr Luna said.

The shooting sent a wave of fear through Asian American communities in the Los Angeles area and cast a shadow over Lunar New Year festivities across the country. Other cities sent additional officers to oversee the celebrations.

The massacre was the country’s fifth massacre this month.

Picture:
Photos released by officers earlier on Sunday

Monterey Park is a city of about 60,000 people located east of Los Angeles and is made up mostly of Asian immigrants from China or first-generation Asian Americans.

The shooting took place in the heart of downtown where red lanterns decorated the streets for Lunar New Year festivities. A police car was parked near a large banner that read “Happy New Year of the Rabbit!”

The celebration at Monterey Park is one of the largest in California and drew tens of thousands of people throughout the day.

Two days of festivities, which have brought together up to 100,000 people in recent years, were planned. But officials canceled Sunday’s events after the shooting.

The White House said US President Joe Biden was briefed on the situation by Homeland Security Advisor Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall.

yahoo-skynews Gt

If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – at itipspedia@gmail.com The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.