Ultimate magazine theme for WordPress.

SEE: Security video released of fatal hit-and-run that left Matthew Lobos dead in Florence


A teenager was killed in an alleged hit-and-run over the weekend in Florence, Los Angeles.

Here’s everything you need to know.

Footage of the hit-and-run incident is released

Several new outlets have obtained the video of the hit-and-run incident. According to reports, the young man is identified as Matthew Lobos. He was 17 years old.

In the video, we can see the victim being run over by two vehicles. According to the autopsy, Matthew died at the scene.

However, the LAPD’s Southern Traffic Division has not yet been able to apprehend the suspects.

In addition, LAPD detective Jerry Gibson said in a press conference that the incident occurred on August 21 at 2:30 am. The location is said to be the parking lot of a warehouse located on 62nd Street between Avalon Boulevard and Central Avenue.

According to reports, Matthew was attending a party in an underground warehouse where he apparently got into a physical confrontation with the suspects. It was also mentioned that the two parties later took their dispute to the street.

However, soon after a black SUV ran through the crowd in Matthew’s direction and ran him over.

The video also included a person leaving the vehicle and getting into a white Acura. Although at first the car appeared to be driving. However, in the next few moments, it turned back to hit Matthew again.

However, cops suspect it is a gang-related attack. But Matthew’s family maintains that they maintain that the deceased was not a member of any gang.

Matthew Lobos’ aunt has launched a GoFundMe page

Matthew Lobos’ aunt, Laura Valenzuela started a GoFundMe page to support the young man’s mother.

Currently, the page has managed to raise over $17,000 in funds.

Meanwhile, Matthew was a senior at Santee High School. Besides, he was all set to turn eighteen in a few months.

Regardless, Valenzuela shared her thoughts on her grandson’s shocking death in an interview.

She said, ‘In the early hours of Sunday 21st August, my dear 17 year old nephew tragically took his own life. Just 5 months before his 18th birthday he was attached to 2 unknown vehicles with the intent to kill.’

In addition, Matthew’s brother, Nicholas Lobos, claims that his death was intentional.

He mentioned, ‘It was intentional. It was on purpose. Everything was intentional.’

Nicholas was one of the last people Matthew spoke to before his death. According to reports he was supposed to attend the same party but their mother decided against it.


Maddii is your typical nerd with a voracious appetite for books. She loves midnight snacking.

For all the latest Trending/Viral News Click Here

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.